U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is refusing to disclose the names of the businesses receiving the half trillion dollars in COVID-19 bailout funding.
The recently introduced Coronavirus Oversight and Recovery Ethics (CORE) Act would reveal the companies that are receiving the funding, while also strengthening accountability, ethics and anti-corruption provisions.
I urge Congress to immediately pass the CORE Act. This bill would ensure that our taxpayer dollars go to protecting the public, workers and our health by:
• improving transparency and disclosure of bailout funds;
• prohibiting conflicts of interest;
• restricting and disclosing lobbying;
• empowering and protecting inspectors general;
• strengthening the Congressional Oversight Commission;
• protecting whistleblowers; and
• strengthening executive branch accountability.